All vehicles need to be registered properly for the states in which they need to operate. We can help you apply for all the necessary permits and licenses.

CA Number: This is a number issued by the CHP as Identification for your company.

Motor Carrier Permit: This permit is required to pick up and deliver loads in California.

Form 2290: The IRS Form 2290 is the Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax. This tax is paid for all trucks registered at 55,000 pounds or more that operate on the road.

USDOT: This is a federal identification number and a safety program. Carriers are given safety ratings based on inspections. In California, DOT audits are usually conducted by the California Highway Patrol in conjunction with BIT inspections.

IRP Registrations: The International Registration Plan is the apportioned registration required for trucks traveling out of California. You chose the states in which you want to operate.

IFTA License: The International Fuel Tax Agreement is a program require when you operate out of California. Quarterly reports must be filed. We can help you prepare the quarterly reports.

MC / ICC Authority: This authority is required of all “for-hire” Interstate carriers. Several things must be done before your Federal Authority is issue, proof of liability insurance must be provided by your insurance company; and we must provide the FMCSA a list of process agents (BOC-3).

BOC-3 (Process Agents): A process agent is a representative upon whom court papers may be served in any proceeding brought against a motor carrier and is one of the pre-licensing requirements that must be met by the carrier before authority is issued.

UCR: This is a national program required by the Department of Transportation. Under this program, States collect fees from motor carriers, motor private carriers, freight forwarders, brokers and leasing companies.

SCAC Code: This is a unique code two-to-four digit and is used by the transportation industry to identify freight carriers in computer systems and shipping documents such as Bill of Lading and Freight Bill.

Oregon, New Mexico, New York and Kentucky require separate permits. All of these states require monthly or quarterly reports with payments made directly to each state.

If you don’t see the permit that you need or if you have any questions, please contact us or (831) 771-1534